Friday 15 June 2012

Kotobukiya Eustia Astarea - Seraphic Edition

Guess what finally arrived today in massive 50cm(L) x 32cm(H) x 21cm(D) box?





Eustia Astarea - Seraphic Edition by Softbank Creative and manufactured by Kotobukiya.
She's from an eroge by the name of Aiyoku no Eustia. I didn't play the game but upon seeing the prototype, it's one of those "must get" figures. Total cost to me was S$298.




A lot of illustrations and pictures of the figure on the box


These are the parts that she can be split into


Remember to follow the instruction manual


Full glory of the figure


Close up of the face. Super adorable.


Waist plus the clothes


Base



And now the main reason for me getting the figure - THE WINGS!


Wings, back view 


She also comes with a 77cm by 55cm wall scroll, did not expect this



My thoughts...

My first thought was that the box is super impressive but it no doubt wastes space. They probably could have reduced the box size to lower shipping costs but I guess that's not their concern.

The ability to split her into a lot of pieces is a double edged sword. It's good in that transporting her for outdoor shoots is easier. In my case, where figures rarely go out, the multiple pieces seem to make the figure a lot less solid. It seems that there aren't any grooves for the waist section so I can't stick it completely into the stomach/upper body section and with the weight of the wings on the back pulling, the body leans quite a bit back. My advice would be to lean this against the back of the display cabinet to prevent any further leaning.

I'm not quite sure whether it's QC or I caused it but the necklace is defying gravity which doesn't feel right

When I compare it to the illustration (which I suppose is the blueprint for the figure), the direction of the faces are different - illustration faces forward while figure faces up. I much prefer the pose of the illustration. In fact, I think she should lean a bit more forward and to her left in order to get the same pose as the illustration.

Final thoughts... She costs S$298 which is a hefty price for a figure and seems like a miss on the part of the QC department. Even then, I probably would have still got it. The beauty of the figure plus the addition of the wall scroll make this a must a get. But for most, it's not going to be available since this was a direct order special (or something like that)

No comments:

Post a Comment