Thursday 25 July 2013

[Figuarts ZERO] Cure Peace

"Sparkling, glittering, Jan Ken Pon! ♪ Cure Peace!"

I wasn't planning to do one of Figuart Zero's Cure Peace but since someone had asked for pictures, I might as well do a short write-up.




For those of you who don't know who she is, Cure Peace is from the series Smile Precure. Here's a short video...

Did you spot anything familiar? Yup, her pose after the transformation is what you'll be getting for this figure.

*Double Peace Sign* Well, that's a given right? She is Cure Peace after all. I do have something to say about her face, but since I forgot to take a picture of it, I'll mention slightly later.

Her crown, all part of her Cure Peace outfit.

I do have to say that the hair style is pretty funky. About her face, I don't quite like how flat it is. Feels like it's missing volume.

Because of her funky hair and the weight, there's a stand provided to "support" the weight.

Her outfit together with her smile pact pouch. I just had a thought, imagine if the centerpiece for her ribbon was was done like the gold parts on the Akatsuki Gundam model kit. Wouldn't that look awesome?

Paint work on this isn't fantastic but it's well within acceptable quality.

The back of a outfit. If you remember I said "support"? This is what I was referring to. Doesn't quite reach up to the hair. I'm not sure whether it's just mine or others are affected by this too though. Then again, she's been on display for a couple of months and hasn't leaned in any direction yet and hopefully will continue to stay that way.

Those are supposed to be (half?) ribbons.

This is what I like for a base. If they're going to label it, they should label it with the figure's/character's name and not the name of the series. The rest of the design adds to the "Cure Peace" feel where there's lots of sparkly stuff around. But this base did cause me some problems. I felt it was extremely difficult to fix her onto the base and had to hold her tightly... A bit too tight though which resulted in...

I always feel heartache when I damage a figure. Yes, this is not the first time and highly unlikely to be the last.

Firstly, Peace's skin tone has somewhat of a orange/yellow tint to it. It's probably not so obvious in pictures as it is on the actual figure. On that note of colour, I think her outfit is too orange compared to what it looks like in the anime. However, the pictures on amiami also show the same colour so it's not unexpected. Peace's pose isn't exactly something new, not that I'm saying it needs to be or that I'm against it but it does bring me to my next point. If they're going to do this, why not release all 5? I did make a rant about this before when reviewing the Cure Muse figure. It would make an awesome display if I had all 5 in their after transformation pose, 5つの光が導く未来! 輝け!スマイルプリキュア! (Our five lights will guide us to the future! Sparkle! Smile PreCure!). I would like to redo this album with the bandai figures that are more detailed, doubt that's going to happen though.

All in all, I love Cure Peace and for the price that I paid for this figure, I think that Bandai did a good job so don't have any complaints there. Just a thought, Peace (and probably the rest of the Cures) is probably one of those types of figures that a person buys based on the character. Meaning, you like the character, so you'll buy the figure especially in this case when she isn't expensive and you can find her at amiami for 2,820 yen for now. Even more so because the number of Precure figures are very limited, short of any major "defects" (and monetary constraints), fans would usually get them. I could be wrong but that's how I feel anyway. What do you think?


p.s. I don't like Cure Ace

No comments:

Post a Comment