Friday 15 February 2013

[Alpha Omega] Cure Muse

"Strumming the tune of the Goddess, Cure Muse!"




After a long absence, I bring you the youngest of all the Cures - Cure Muse (by Alpha Omega which I believe is a collaboration between Alter and Megahouse)! I was sad that she got delayed from her original December release but no matter, she's finally here!

 
Everything like what you would expect. I like how the designed the "crown", since the anime just shows it as a flat colour, it's nice to see the "gem" sort of design which gives it the feel of a real crown. Her eyes and smile keep me mesmerised and it's so difficult to take my eyes off.


In any case, we have to move on... Simple but matching ribbon.


Just look at that luscious and beautiful hair.


Muse's Cure module. Considering its size, it's quite well done and the "gold" colour gives it a shine... This is the part I don't quite understand. The circle behind the Cure module. Never noticed that before in the anime so I don't really know what it's supposed to be. Not that I'm saying it's bad, just would be nice to know what it is.

 She has a ribbon and design similar to Cure Melody, Rhythm and Beat.

Muse has a fluffier skirt compared to the other girls that sort of reminds me of a, well, pumpkin. I'd very much have preferred if her skirt was flared or straight, but that has to with character design already.

Just like Melody, Rhythm and Beat, you're not going to get to catch any glimpses under the skirt. It's an interesting design I guess, so they don't have to worry about upskirts (like with Cure White) or give them bicycle shorts to wear under the skirts (most of the other Cures). 

Boots with a ribbon and a heart. Would you wear something like that? Another thing here, you'll notice that her right leg is supported by this stand which you rest her heel on. I could have done it wrongly but that dang thing kept falling out. You'll see in the next picture that, technically, you don't really need it for her to balance. But since they provided it, maybe they don't trust the left leg to be able to hold her weight over a long period.  The question then is, should I be concerned about my Heartcatch girls who also stand on one leg but don't have support for the other, not to mention they are older.

Just a simple base with the G Clef symbol, a common one in Suite Precure.


Overall, she's elegant and cute. Can't find any faults here.
However, I do have some issues, not with Muse but with the manufacturers. Why just one out of the 4 girls? Shouldn't they release all 4? Shouldn't the release at least one scaled figure for each Cure? What is with this halfheartedness? Though there many who are not interested, Pretty Cure still has its fair share of followers, possibly more so than some of the popular animes nowadays. As far as I know, only 10 scaled figures have been released - Cure Black(FwPC), Cure White(FwPC), Cure Black(Max Heart), Cure White(Max Heart), Shiny Luminous, Cure Blossom, Cure marine, Cure Sunshine, Cure Moonlight and Cure Muse over here. I know that there are other figure merchandise such as S.H. Figuarts, Banpresto (and the like) and C.M. Corporation but they don't look nearly has gorgeous or have as much detail as scaled figures like this. Megahouse/Alter/ ANYONE (actually, other than C.M. Corp/FuRyu) please give me all the scaled figures of the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment