Sunday 30 September 2018

[GSC] Wilhelmina Swimsuit Ver.

We have today, Weiner Brown Sugar... Ingenmar... Wilhelmina (Wilhelmina Braunschweig Ingenohl Friedeburg) Swimsuit Ver. 1/8 from Good Smile Company!


Since tomorrow is her birthday (1st October according to Wiki), it's just about the right time for this review!

p.s. If you didn't catch the introduction, here's what I was referring to:





  
The left and right side of the box showing pretty much the same artwork just from a slightly different angle.

Aaaaand the back of it. Just in case you need to know what her behind looks like before buying it.

The stand... Feels underwhelming again. What's up with manufacturers and these plain bases? Maybe it's just me that I prefer that extra touch even just putting the character's name on it would be better than this plain design

For accessories, we have Thea's Captain hat. And just in case, that thing sticking out, while fragile, is meant to be there, that's not a like something that they didn't cut off.
And why do I say it's fragile? It broke after the hand fell off which I will get to in awhile.

The detail on the hat is really good and even includes Thea's name on the inside.

As far as poses go, it's not too bad, just feels a bit uncomfortable. Feels like her left hand is in a somewhat unnatural position. Holding the hat also puts extra emphasis on the pose. My biggest complain here is that they put the detail in the hat but it ends up being hidden in the back.

As for her facial expression, it's really sweet and gentle

Her ribbon and braid are done with good amount detail

A look at her hair from behind

For her assets... ~Wipes away drool~ 

Her skin is perfectly smooth and free from any defects with your typical perfect anime body.

From behind. I love the effect of the wind blowing on her jacket. There's some blemishes on the paint on her jacket but they're so tiny that it's pretty easy to ignore.

If you're wondering what it looks like when she's holding the hat.

Her sandals look really gorgeous with the shiny finish and flowers. I also like how she's lifting up her foot off the left sandal. I'm just worried with how long the figure can last.

So, you might have noticed some blue tac around her left hand/wrist and why I said the hat spike was fragile... I'm thinking there might have been some QC issue because her left hand was really loose. Like impossible to hold it in the wrist. For illustration, this is how easy it is to knock off her hand:

I basically only need to tap lightly on her hand for it to fall off. Nothing some blue tac won't solve and I'm probably just pretty unlucky with this.


In summary, I think this figure is really beautiful and is relatively defect free but I think the pose could use a simple change. Namely, she shouldn't be holding the hat but instead be wearing it so that at least some of the details of it can be seen.


All in all...

Design: 7/10
Simple design with good amount of detail but lacks intricacy. Not that it's a bad thing, but I feel they could have done more with it. Her expression is really gentle and you could admire it for quite some time despite its simplicity.

Quality: 6/10
Main issue here is that the left hand is so loose that it dropped out and ended up breaking the connector for the hat. Other than that she's pretty steady and won't be falling over any time soon.

Value: 8/10
All that being said, you get what you pay for. And she only cost me 8,660 yen. She's currently going for 9,200 yen on amiami. So, at the end of the day I think it's pretty reasonable price and good value for what you get. She's a pretty good buy and makes a great addition to my collection.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MI-CHAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment