Tuesday 26 November 2013

[Media Factory] Hasegawa Kobato

Today I bring you Media Factory's Koabto!

Kobato is my favourite character of the series cause she's just so cute! That being said, I passed on the previous figure because as good as it looked, it didn't fit my image of Kobato. This figure on the other hand, does somewhat fit that image.

I would like to say something doesn't feel right about the face. Can't seem to put my finger on it. I think it has something to do with the mouth. Am I the only one? Maybe I'm just too tired or have been looking at it for too long.

Nice paintwork on the headdress. As for the hair... Is the splotchy paintwork supposed to make it look more real or something? It's in the pictures on the amiami page so I guess it's part of the design. Quite frankly, I don't like it. It makes it look like the paint faded already.

I was just looking at some pictures online, couldn't really figure out where the design for the dress came from. In any case, it's quite a nice design.

There was just one speck of paint that was out of place on the collar. But very unnoticeable. I only noticed it when looking at this picture (which was magnified with a macro attachment). Trust me though, your attention will be elsewhere.

Yup, you'll be looking at the bare shoulder. This design gives a very small sense of some allure and appeal.

 Back part of the outfit. This is just my opinion, but if she's sitting down, the dress should probably be flat on the ground. Not really an issue, after all, you're going to be looking at the front most of the time anyway.

 Glossy stockings.

Of course Kobato must have her plush~  

I'm not sure if you noticed this already, but you haven't, let me tell you. The base is pretty useless. It's fine if it's plain for figures that are standing and actually need the base. But if the figure is sitting or lying down, the base should definitely be more fitting. Something like Astraea's swimsuit version which had a fluffy pillow or Nymph's cushion. Well, actually, yeah, just a cushion. Basecally (hehe), I didn't display her with the base since it was just a waste of space.

I knew Kobato was small sized, but I somehow wasn't expecting her to be small that she fit so snugly into the palm of my hand. 

Comparing a 1/6 Pure neemo to the 1/8 figure, I guess it looks about correct scale.

"So, Kobato-chan, what do you think?"
Kobato: "Hmmmmm..." 

Kobato: "Looks good but I'm still cuter." (=

Not that it really matters to the figure itself but there's some monotone pictures that's part of the box.



Overall, this Kobato figure is a very simple figure with a slight hint of allure. Without her base, she takes up very little space on the display area which is good for those who are lacking the real estate to display figures. That being said, considering her lack of actual size, I think she could be cheaper. Finally, although I don't like what they did with the paintwork on the hair, I would still think that she makes a great addition to my collection. I could be biased cause of my love for Kobato but I'll leave that up to you to decide.

--------------------

EXTRAS

Kobato: "Nyaaaa~~~"

Kobato: "Do you think I'm cute?"

No comments:

Post a Comment