Monday 3 December 2012

(Alter) Menma

From the amazing and awesome Anohana anime, Menma is here!


Manufactured by Alter, she comes in a 1/8 scale with a rather unique "feature" (I will mention this later) and can be separated into the following 5 parts.



Here's a few different views before I carry on:






I'll set aside the base for now and take a closer look at Menma.


A gentle smile and eyes greet you whenever you look at her

A nicely tied ribbon

 The usual line in the hair, not too big.

Her grey hair, nothing fancy.

White frill dress. I love it when the clothes are sculpted and designed to animate some form of wind effect or crease on it. Makes it look more realistic, and it's something that's executed well here.

And no, there's no pantsu shots. The dress covers up quite well but you do get to see her fair and slender legs~

 Remember the unique feature I mentioned earlier? Well, this is it, or at least I think so. Menma is the first figure that I have that uses a magnet to support her weight as opposed to those "sticks & holes". So, she balances herself on the edge of the base using that.

Speaking of the base, here it is! 
The detail and accuracy of this base is of extremely high level.

The stuff hanging behind and the bed... I want to check but apparently I deleted AnoHana off my hard drive. I'm wondering why I would do that...

Did you notice the writing earlier? In pretty much the same handwriting as the anime.
Although, I would have preferred it written in this version: "超平和バスターズはずっとなかよし" (The Super Peace Busters are always good friends). Then again, since Menma covers it, probably doesn't matter that much.

Anyway, it comes with these accessories:
The tires and umbrella that make up the base (referring to both the "secret base" and "base of the figure") as well as Menma's diary.


All together~


And we add in Menma~

 


 A quick look at the base of the base. Simple white block with a flower petal. Is that the flower that they don't know the name of?

Oh and she comes with an instruction manual.

All in all, Alter's version of Menma is very lovely and comes with an extremely detailed base of the himitsu kichi and definitely won't disappoint you. You can get her for 6,980 yen over at amiami which isn't on the lower end but definitely worth it.

One final shot of Menma!~

There are more pictures that you can view over at my facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment