Thursday 8 November 2012

(Sega) Misaka Mikoto


 This time, I have here Misaka Mikoto by Sega

She has a very nice pose, balancing(or magnetically attracted to) on those construction thingies.



 This is an interesting one, I never knew that Sega made scaled figures. Not sure whether you can call it scaled though, but it looks like it. Continuing on..

First up  we have Mikoto's face. When I first looked at it, it felt weird. But the more I look, I guess I just get used to it. If anything I would say it's the mouth length and  that she's blushing a bit too much.

 From a slightly different angle... The paintwork here isn't that fantastic, you can see that the brown line crosses into the collar slightly


 Just a quick look at her hair. A simple hairpin with a strikingly obvious line down the center


 Her back...


 On closer inspection you'll see her accessories. The "electric" bolts on her left magnetise her to the construction thing while the one on her right prepares to shoot the coin.. These 3 "bolts are extremely difficult to attach. One of them the hole was slightly too small and another the hole was slightly too big.





 Mikoto is still wearing shorts underneath her skirt so you're not going to be getting any peeks at her pantsu.

 You can also see in this picture that the paintwork on her vest isn't very well done and goes off track a bit.


 A look at her sexy legs and the base

 I think they could have left out the black drawings on the shoes. Even though they stay on track, it just somehow looks unnatural.

For the base... Look at how gorgeous it is, it has detail there giving it some "wear and tear".


Overall, the idea, design and concept of this figure is extraordinary but execution in terms of accuracy of paintwork leaves me wanting more. But then I think about the price... It cost me only S$35. Absolutely cheap. The paintwork can be overlooked very easily.

You can view the rest of the pictures here

No comments:

Post a Comment